as taken from texasmammie …
1. If you could pick your own name, what would you choose and why?
i have liked various names over the years. but my name, kïrstin (pronounced sheerstin) is the equivolent of Christian. i like it alot. it means ‘little anointed one’.
2. What non-famous person do you admire most and why?
gloria copeland. she may be semi famous, but not in the celebrity sense. she is the wife of kenneth copeland, who is one of my favorite teachers of the AWord of God. she speaks st conventions, and write books as well as many of the articles in the monthly magazine their minisrty publishes. i know her thru the things she writes, and the things she says.
she is an example of a woman of God. she trusts God for everything, and her prayers get results. she is a lady at all times. her children are a testement to how she raised them to know the Lord. she is fearless. she is fierce in the face of sickness, poverty, and oppression. when i listen to her speak, its evident she has the fruit of the Spirit. her personal testemony of how God changed her life, and did something with it, is inspiring to me. its not so much what she does, but her yieldedness to God that has always impressed me.
3. If you had $1 million to donate to a charity, what one would you choose and why?
feed the children. they bring food to the needy children around the world. then they tell them about Jesus.
4. What is the one thing you really wish you had time to do?
time isnt really as much a factor as opportunity. i would like to go to the yukon and tell the people there about Jesus.
5. What is your biggest regret and why?
i left home too soon. got married to soon. a wiser path would have been to work toward becoming more self sufficient, and seeking counseling for the things that so angered me as a child.
6. What is the worst thing you did while growing up that you never got caught for?
thats my secret.
7. What is your favorite meal and dessert?
broiled or smoked salmon, a crispy green salad with garbonzo beans and this great balsamic vinegar and pepper dressing we’ve recently discovered, followed by cheesecake with a graham crust, and strawberries on top.
8. What is the biggest lesson in life you have learned to date?
the temporary things in this life dont warrent my attention nearly as much as the eternal ones do.
9. What is your favorite non-domestic animal?
i dont have one favorite. easier to say i dont care much for chimpanzees. they are my least favorite.
10. If you could do ONE truly selfless thing for someone, what would you do and for whom?
i would do something to bless my step sister. i dont know what right now. i dont know what she needs. but she has always resented me. she is the least likely to appreciate something from me. but if she needed something i could give, i would.
11. Is there anyone in your life you wish you could spend more time with and who is it?
12. What are your biggest pet peeves?
oblivious drivers or shoppers. loud cell phone conversations in public. dogs allowed to bark excessivly every time theyre in their yard. and having my conversations interrupted as though i werent even talking.
13. What is the one thing you would like to accomplish before you die?
i want to live in a house by the ocean, up on a high spot nestled in woods, overlooking the sea. thats my hearts desire.
14. What was your most embarrassing moment to date and what happened?
like im going to tell anyone …
15. What is your dream job?
producing films. i love movies. i like to coordinate things, and im good at it. i have a good eye for visualizations, and i think in pictures. films are such a good way to imprint on people. i think i would enjoy it and feel really satisfied with it.
16. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
in washington or oregon, in my dream house.
17. What is your favorite album right now and why?
i dont have a favorite. i have never had a favorite album.
18. What are your favorite bands?
tool, perfect circle, breaking benjamin, blue october, modest mouse, rammenstein, alan parson project, kraftwerk
19. What kind of books do you like to read and who are your favorite authors?
i like books about jack the ripper, childrens books, and books like watership down, and the cronicles of narnia. i like c s lewis and michael crighton.
20. What is your favorite magazine?
gothic living. oh, right, they dont make that one yet.
21. Do you collect anything and if so what is it?
zebras. i have quite a little stash of all kinds.
22. If you could have three wishes, what would they be?
like dana, that everyone in the world would know God thru Jesus, and find out how cool He really is. that i could take the clinic i work for to washington with me. that i already was living in my dream house.
23. Do you have any bad habits and what are they? eating ice cream in the evenings before i go to bed. wreaks havoc on my fitness goals.
24. What are you most proud of and why?
my son, because he is such a sweet man, he is a marine with aspiritions to become a cop or a sherrif, and because he has learned how to rise to the occasion.
25. What do you like to do in your spare time?
blog, read (now that i have reading glasses), work out, pamper myself a bit.
26. If you could meet any famous person, alive or dead, who would it be and why?
jack the ripper. then i would be the only one living who knows who he is.
27. If you could live in any time era, what would it be and why?
im kind of partial to 19th century england. i guess im a romantic in some ways. i love the way people were then. but i think i rather visit than live then. i wouldnt want to miss out on whats coming.
28. What was your favorite subject to study in school?
grade school? english. high school? art and mythology. community college? dance.
29. What extracurricular activities (if any) did you participate in during school?
i wasnt. i would have liked to been involved in journalism.
30. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
miss brightenstein, my fifth grade teacher. she let me visit her at her bare little apartment, which was a few blocks from my house. she told us in class one day that salvation was a choice. this was a catholic school, where it was assumed you were saved if you were baptized as a baby. her words, while jeered at by the majority of the class, imprinted my heart.
31. What music and/or bands do you hate?
i dont like jazz, or blues, usually. there is always an exception now and then. i cant stand the rolling stones, or ACDC. not too fond of commercial rock. and yes, i hate the music in ‘oklahoma’.
32. What two people do you challenge to do this?
real people? fellow bloggers? hmm … who do i want to know that much about?