im getting miffed at my realtor. when we first went over the listing, and set the price, and signed all the paperwork, she was all set to go, and excited about selling my house. she was fully aware that we are pet owners, and live in the house, and will live here till we sell because we have to have the sale money to help pay for the move. after i pay off the loan, pay her commission, and pay the closing costs, what ever is left is going toward getting us out of here! we discussed the animals, and i agreed to caging the cats when people come to see the house, and taking the dogs for a walk or a drive. she wanted to me to pull up my rugs, too, but i didnt agree to it. dont see that i have to.
so, about two weeks later she calls and says there is a guy coming to look at the house. ok. we put the cats up, take the dogs out, and he is here all of ten minutes.
we get no call from anyone to update us. we get no more calls to show the house. four weeks into it i call her and ask whats up? she says its very odd, no calls on the house. i think its very odd she isnt trying to interest people by bringing them to see it. she brings by some flyers for the for sale sign. says she is going to schedule some open houses. we here no more again. no calls to update us. nothing.
thursday the beau calls her, and asks what is going on. she says the price is too high and we need to drop it to xx amount. beau says, ‘you mean take a loss on it?’ she says ya, you may have to, to sell it. then there would be no money to move with, and we would be out a home and financially in the hole. not an option, he says. she says she decided against open house because anyone can come by and see what we have in the house, and could put us at risk. good point. but she says if we do an open house, we have to pull up all the rugs, and we have to take the cats and the two dogs out for the two hours of the open house. and she says not likely any one qualified to finance our amount would even come by. she told him her optimum way of selling a house is when its empty.
she has really gotten a negative attitude. if she would bring people by to see this house, even if its a little more than they want to pay, they may like it enough to offer me a lesser amount that i might take. like i did when i looked at the house. but no one is going to do that if they never see the inside. ive lost my confidence in her willingness to get people in here. my price isnt that high, just higher than most of the houses in this neighborhood. so? its worth it. and there is going to be another incentive to new buyers coming up. i think the prospects are good. its a really cute house, and everything works. the appliances are part of the deal too. and they are all less than three years old. there is no pet damage, and it smells nice in here. the yard is also nicely landscaped, and i get compliments on my flower beds all the time.
i think its time to talk to her about this contract, and see if we cant mutually dissolve it. in writing. her heart is just not in this.