ive been tagged by jewellybeano to write about five things i really love about Jesus.
so here it is …
1. the thing i love most about Jesus is that He keeps His word. i can trust Him to do what He said He would do. i can trust Him to always be there for me, because He said He would never leave me. i can trust Him to always hear me and answer me, because He said He would never forsake me.
2. the next thing i love about Jesus is that He is the exact reflection of God the Father. anything i want to know about God, i can look at Jesus, and know the same is true about God. when i read the gospels, i see what Jesus would and wouldnt do. when someone came to Jesus to be healed, He never turned one of them away, He never said it wasnt God’s will to heal them. He just healed them. when two came to Him asking Him to divide their inheritance, He would not.
3. another thing i love about Jesus is He showed me how to love people. He showed me how to see their hearts. its easy to get distracted with the things people do, and the way they act. its easy to forget they want to be loved and appreciated just like i do. i do get annoyed with childishness, selfishness, and the like. but no one is above it all. we all need a Savior. the only thing i really find intolerable is religion. religion is so opposite to the truth.
4. something Jesus did for me one time was enable me to forgive those i could not forgive. my step father had humiliated me so many times, i really hated him. i was so hurt and angry. it wasnt just a few incidents, but a way of life. i tried to forgive, but he was so unaware that he had even done anything, that i couldnt forgive him. when i asked Him for help, He showed me a vision of Himself on the cross, all bloody and beaten, and truly mangled. and dying. then He asked me if this was enough to pay me back for all i had suffered. that changed my life, changed my heart. it taught me that forgiveness isnt done with the emotions. its done with the will. its a decision you make.
5. the last thing, but maybe the most important, that i love about Jesus, is that He is so unchanging, so unswerving, and so consistent. i never have to wonder what kind of mood He is in. He is the most approachable person i have ever encountered. He is the only One i know i can go to anytime, over anything, and know i wont be shown disapproval, annoyance, or ridicule. He is easily entreated. He loves me, and i know He loves me. He always will.
now i have to tag 5 people. dont get upset if i choose you and you dont want to. dont be offended if i dont name you and yo want to. this is open, so every on my blogroll is tagged. that is more than 5, but i never can leave anyone out. 😀